The primary responsibility of a Quality Technician is to test and inspect all electropolished and passivated products and equipment in accordance with the identified specifications and determine if the product meets the defined criteria. With experience, the quality technician will be expected to contribute to our continual improvement efforts by identifying process improvements intended to eliminate process waste.
Seeking quality technician with at least 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and abilities include but are not limited to:
- Able to perform minor dimensional and surface inspections utilizing hand tools, tape measures, profilometers, video borescope, and mirrors to review interior surfaces.
- Perform Non-destructive evaluations using hydrostatic testing, liquid dye penetrant, ferroxyl testing and visual inspections
- Calibration and maintenance of hand tools and proper documentation in metrology database
- Develop and analyze statistical data to determine capabilities and propose quality requirements for evaluation
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and methods
- Incoming, First Article, In-process, and Final inspections
- Provide support to manufacturing to find root cause, corrective actions, and preventative actions for all nonconforming quality events.
- Work with cross functional departments to address quality issues to achieve established plant quality objectives.
- Conduct internal process audits to identify opportunities for improvement
- Evaluate Returned product for process deviations
- Extremely detailed oriented and organized
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with the ability to rapidly change priorities
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Highly trainable, eager to learn to new skills and motivated to grow within the organization
- Degree in technical field
- Experience with ISO 9001 Quality Management System certification process.
- Familiarity with ASNT (American Society for Nondestructive Testing), ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) and AWS (American Weld Society) and ASME BPE (Bioprocessing Equipment)
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement Principles to complete fishbone diagrams, 5 Why’s, and Corrective and Preventative Actions.
QT works on the production floor. Must be able to stand, walk, sit, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch and climb. Must be able to reach above and below shoulder and have fine finger manipulation.
Hourly position. 1st shift: M-F 6:30am – 3:00pm. Position requires the ability to work over-time which may include arriving early or working on normally scheduled days off.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off (PTO), Holidays, Jury duty, and Bereavement Leave.
- Paid Short-Term Disability
- Education Assistance
Applicants meeting the criteria above must successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening, possible pre-employment testing, interview, and background investigation in order to qualify for full-time employment.
Allegheny Bradford Corp. is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster, Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster, E-Verify Participation-English Poster, E-Verify Participation-Spanish Poster,
11 Lincoln Drive
Lewis Run, PA 16738
11 Lincoln Drive
Lewis Run, PA 16738
Phone : 814-362-2590
Fax : 814-362-7081
Email : email@example.com